For our Global Procurement team, Jupiter Bach A/S is looking for a Global Sourcing Manager to be responsible for a category portfolio consisting of steel parts and fasteners. The position offers a great opportunity to independently influence central commodity categories working cross-functionally with colleagues in the global sourcing team and the rest of the organization. You will work closely with stakeholders such as R&D, mechanical designers, quality control, and suppliers.
Category management in an international team
With report to the Director of Global Procurement & Logistics you will have a key company role in the international sourcing team. You will be responsible for your own budgets covering your categories and you must be prepared to travel approximately 20 days a year. You are ready to take responsibility for and meet ambitious targets in an environment of fast decision making.
The responsibilities described above include the following primary tasks
- Develop, implement, and complete strategies for your own categories
- Maintain, optimize, and develop the collaboration with suppliers in your own portfolio
- Develop, negotiate, and close agreements and contracts on all levels in line with business targets
- Supplier selection, evaluation, and qualification
- Analyze, identify and complete ambitious optimizations and cost saving projects within your own categories
- Participate in and drive cross-functional sourcing projects, as a project manager and contributor
- Analyze and report on daily/weekly/monthly management queries showing cost movements
- Report KPIs from your own areas
- Create and report spend and market analyses for your own areas
- Responsible for creating and maintaining processes and procedures, including participation in and contribution towards the continued development of strategic sourcing
- Participate in supplier audits of safety, health, and environmental compliance and quality assurance
Strategic sourcing experience
You have a relevant education and in addition to your theoretical background, you are experienced in strategic sourcing and have probably already worked with category management. You have substantial experience optimizing your own commodity portfolio and independently closing negotiations with international suppliers. Also, you are used to working analytically with statistics and using reporting tools like Excel. You can negotiate in English. Technical insight will be an advantage but not a requirement.
An outgoing experienced negotiator
You are a self-reliant professional, showing your business acumen with a natural authority. You thrive building relationships with suppliers, across the organization internally, supporting all with your input and sparring regarding suppliers. Throughout your career, you have continuously optimized your commodity categories and created great results.
- Join a successful consolidated company
- Direct contact and collaboration with top management and the executive team in the company
- Be a part of an international company with a global sourcing department
- Strategic and tactical influence on the development of specific categories
- Interfacing with a large number of internal and external stakeholders
- Contract negotiation mandate with high procurement value
If you find the job interesting, please apply here email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact Director of Procurement & Logistics Martin Gottschalk on telephone number +45 2075 7112.
All applications shall be written in English and the position will be located in Police, Stettin in Poland.